Aging Life Care/Geriatric Care Managers provide a holistic, client-centered approach to caring for adults facing ongoing challenges dealing with aging. Working with families, the expertise of Aging Life Care Professionals provides answers in times of uncertainty. This guidance leads families to the actions and decisions that ensure quality care and optimal life for those they love, thus reducing worry, stress and time off of work.
Elder at Home care managers possess competence in 8 Knowledge areas. They include Crisis Intervention, Financial, Housing, Family, Local Resources, Advocacy, Legal, and Health and Disability expertise.
The Care Managers at Elder at Home manage the challenges of aging through:
- A comprehensive assessment of your loved one’s needs
- Facilitating thoughtful and informed decision-making
- Managing and coordinating referrals to needed resources, agencies, etc.
- Serving as an advocate during medical appointments and ensuring all doctors and specialists are aware of each others recommendations
- Providing mediation and guidance among family members
- Understanding insurances, out of pocket costs, eligibility for programs. Elder at Home care managers assist with invoking long-term care policies to ensure you are able to access all of your benefits
- Helping families with planning for long term care and end of life decisions
- Serving as the “boots on the ground” for long distance family and caregivers
Elder at Home care managers follow the Vision and Mission of the Aging Life Care Association, the leading body in Geriatric/Aging Life Care Management. www.aginglifecare.org
“A world where adults and their families live well as they face the challenges of aging.”
“Leading the community of Aging Life Care Professionals through education, professional development and the highest ethical standards.”